Thursday, May 1, 2008

My latest timings

I ran yesterday and today to see my timings again.
Yesterday was a tempo day, but i decided to give a shot at the 3Km run. And i ran it, no stops. First 2 Km i ran at a steady pace, and last one was an eye opener to me. I discovered that i can run very well after my disciplined training. I did not take any stops and finished it in 11min, 01 sec. I was all smiles at the end. After that i had a cool down run of 15 min at very slow pace.
I never follow a tempo run day after a fast day. So today, went for a long slow run, and measured the approx 10Km road in 58min. I feel great after these two days. But one thing, i am going to take two rest days now before i hit the road again :)

PS: Rules of success - 1. Never take an iPOD on a fast day, and 2. Never forget it on a long run.

2 comments:

Tanvir Kazmi said...

Great progress Guru! If your long slow run for 10K is 58 mins, I think you will do pretty well in the actual race. All the best!

Guru said...

Thanks for the appreciation. I will keep it up for sure :)