Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Bangalore 10K unleashed

This Sunday, May the 18th 2008, i ran the Sunfeast world 10K in Bangalore.

Distance : 10Km
Official Time : 56 min 55 sec
My timing : 57 min 20 sec

My target timing was a frame of 55 min to 60 min.
The race started @ 9 am in the morning. It was hot by that time and as i thought it kept getting hotter for the next hour. I could have achieved 55 min or even better if the the race would have started earlier in the morning. It was so hot while the race that i was literally throwing water all over my head to cool down. Being my first ever race, i have learned a lot of things from it. And now i understand what were the correct things i did and what i need amend in my training plan for the next race.

I opted for the chip timing, and yet to receive my timing certificate. According to my watch, following were my splits:

First 4 Kms - 22:35
Next 3 Kms - 18:40
Last 3 Kms - 16.05
---------------------
Total - 57:20
---------------------

The race was good and well organized. The organizers tried there best to do everything they could. The security arrangements were good too; both inside and outside the stadium.

6 comments:

Hormaz said...

great run. i am pretty surprised at the time u took for the last 3 km.. you ran the fastest i guess.. was that a conscious effort or it just happened?
good luck!

Guru said...

Thanks.

It was my plan to have a strong finish. Although i had a slow beginning because of being stuck in the crowd , later i picked up the pace.

Guru.

Tanvir Kazmi said...

Good to see you finish within your goal time. Better weather, and you could have probably made it a sub-55 run!

Vasanta said...

Stumbled upon you blog while searching for Sunfeast 10k. Have been following ur posts since then as even I was planning to run Sunfeast 10k and also this was my first long distance. Very good timing.
It took me 1hr 12mins.

Throughly enjoyed reading your blog.

Rahul Verma said...

Congrats! Keep up the good work. It seems you are now hooked to running! It is encouraging to see long distance runs getting popular in India.

Vasanta said...

I got the timing certificate. It arrived 4 days back. Sorry for the late reply I was on vacation.