Friday, April 3, 2009

Long run & Tempo pace targets for 10K

Registered for the Bangalore 10K today
Tempo runs : Constantly I have been able to do 3 and half loops of my running route(7.7 Kms) in under 41 mins. I need to break 40 mins for the distance this month. By next month beginning, i target to put up 4 loops (8.8Kms) in 45 mins. I think a high 45 min like 45min40sec will also work well. That will be a 10K speed of 51 mins.
So, i guess i can keep the longest tempo run to 4 loops. That would do the trick. I will try to keep the timings near to 45 mins, then lower it every week by 20-30 secs and peek out at somewhere in between 42-44 mins, which will be the target speed of my 50 min 10K.

As far as long runs are considered, i keep an even pace of 6 min per Km. At present I am at 12Km long runs. Will keep on increasing that by 1Km every week and would like to peek at around 15-16 Kms.

No comments: